Re: [Groff] PO Initialisation in 'ms' Macros Still Broken

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] PO Initialisation in 'ms' Macros Still Broken
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:14:04 -0500

Quoting Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> > This is great, but the patch (at least as it was applied in the CVS)
> > has an error: line 53 of the patched s.tmac reads:
> >
> > .if !rPO .nr PO \\n(.o
> >
> > when it should read:
> >
> > .if !r PO .nr PO \\n(.o
> >
> > (i.e., a space after the conditional operator).
>
> From groff.info (Operators in Conditionals):
>
>   It is possible to omit the whitespace before the argument to the
>   `r', `d', and `c' operators.
>
> So both forms are valid.
>

>     Werner

You're quite right - but it wasn't working on my computer at work until I copied
the definition with whitespace into the document.  Hmm - I guess there could be
a path problem and it's actually picking up the old s.tmac.  It works fine on
my computer at home, exactly as advertised.  Sorry about that

Robert.

--
Robert Goulding
Program of Liberal Studies