[Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.

From: Wartan Hachaturow
Subject: [Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 00:50:58 +0400

Hello.

What is the current status regarding the denoted combination?
I would really like to have cyrillic working out-of-the-box (together with
other scripts, but Russian cyrillic worries me most :) with (at least)
PostScript output.
Currently, I have to build my own Debian/OS X packages that include
special fonts
for devps together with encoding file and special tmacs that essentially
tie groff to cyrillics and us-ascii only. Moreover, other devices like devhtml
do not work at all. It would be great just to write text in something like UTF-8
and see an appropriate output with no special efforts.
Are there any efforts in this direction that I could (probably) join? :)

--
Regards, Wartan.