Re: [Groff] Colors, PowerPoint and PDFs

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Colors, PowerPoint and PDFs
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:42:11 -0500

On Oct 20, 2005, at 4:37 PM, Clarke Echols wrote:

I'd like to create the equivalent of a PowerPoint presentation
using PDF or other reasonable display.  It would be nice to
be able to use the entire screen instead of a window, like
PowerPoint does.  It has to run on Windows 98 and newer machines.
[I have trouble justifying the cost of Microsoft Office to get
a PowerPoint composer.]

Also, I'd like to control the background color on the entire
page.  I haven't found a way to do that with groff yet.  I can
get colored print and fill on drawn spaces using \D... sequences.

Does groff allow background color control with colored type
on top (such as yellow print on a blue background?

The gpresent package does all that and more. It is available at http://www.science.uva.nl/~bobd/useful/gpresent/

Robert.