Re: [Groff] Drawing filled circle segments

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Drawing filled circle segments
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 03:02:11 -0600

I solved my problem for now by changing my approach to the pie
chart and using solid color for the circle, then I filled one
small segment by drawing short, straight lines a few points wide
before drawing over the entire thing with an outer dark circle
and the various radii.  It works well for what I need right
now, but the macro approach makes sense provided groff supports
sine, cosine, and tangent functions...

I'm getting some really awesome looking slides, though they're
a bit laborious -- mainly because I haven't taken the trouble
to try to come up with more elegant macros which I really
don't need all that badly.  The ones I have cover much of
the tedium.

Thanks for your inputs, all.

Clarke