[Groff] [SWISH-E] ANNOUNCE: Sman 1.00 Released (indexer for man pages)

From: Josh Rabinowitz
Subject: [Groff] [SWISH-E] ANNOUNCE: Sman 1.00 Released (indexer for man pages)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 20:17:00 -0400

Hello Everyone:

I've just released Sman version 1.00!

Sman is a replacement for 'man -k' and 'apropos' based on Swish-e
and Perl. Sman indexes the complete text of your system's man pages
and provides a program to undate the index and perform fast searches
on the index. Sman runs on all tested UNIX-like OS's and environments,
including OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, cygwin, and others. It's
called 'sman' because it provides two programs, sman and sman-update,
o search on and create indexes of man pages.

This release fixes small bugs over 0.99.

Sman can be installed through CPAN by typing:
     % sudo cpan Sman

Sman 1.00 is now on CPAN at
     http://search.cpan.org/~joshr/Sman-1.00/
as well as on my website at
     http://joshr.com/src/sman
it should also soon be on freshmeat at
     http://freshmeat.net/projects/sman/

Changes since version 0.99:

1.00   Thu May 04 2006
Removed spurious error message when using sman's -v option without a query
        Changed source & -V version string to show Swish-e capitalized as here
        Test current Swish-e version more carefully in Sman::Util
        More error output in sman's undocumented --Debug mode
        Cleanup up how we check for $SWISH::API::VERSION
        Touchups to formatting of Changes file
        Updated various dates to 2006
        Tiny POD touchups

Complete Sman Changelog:
   http://joshr.com/src/sman/Sman-1.00/Changes

Please let me know if you have any comments
or discover any bugs.  Links for Sman are above!

Thanks,
     Josh Rabinowitz
     http://joshr.com
-- joshr Consulting                               http://joshr.com/ --