Re: [Groff] Meeting Werner

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Meeting Werner
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:57:00 +0200 (CEST)

> > Now all we need is a Groff Anthem to be sung at the next International
> > Groff Confernece ;)
>
> So long as it's an improvement on the "Free Software Song" -- see:
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/music/free-software-song.html
>
> whence you can download it in .au or .ogg format. But Werner's
> background encourages me to anticipate a higher level of
> inspiration!

Actually, I'm not very interesting in hearing Richard Stallman
singing, so I will refrain from trying to download...  I've looked at
the score -- quite interesting!  Have you ever seen such a song in 7/4
rhythm?  With other words, the melody is fine, but the text is `pants'
(this is the British word I get for the German `grottenschlecht' :-)

    Werner