Re: [Groff] grohtml and indentation

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] grohtml and indentation
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:20:32 -0400

> I wonder why it is that paragraphs inside a -ms .RS/.RE block get turned
> into a table by grohtml.
>
> The same happens with .IP. (maybe other requests too.)
>
> Wouldn't it be better if a <div> were generated with an indentation? And
> an unordered list for .IPs?
>
> For example...
>

> .RS
> .IP \(bu
> sun is shining
> .IP \(bu
> the weather is sweet
> .IP \(bu
> make you wanna move
> .IP \(bu
> your dancin' feet
> .RE

There's already a fair workaround for that. Make sure you include www.tmac
(it's automatic if you use grohtml) and replace the above with:

.ULS
.LI
sun is shining
.LI
the weather is sweet
.LI
make you wanna move
.LI
your dancin' feet
.ULE

If you want it indented a little, add this line somewhere before the first list:

.nr www-li-indent +3n

I also added some patches to grohtml some time last year to improve the
HTML output a bit. It's better than it used to be, but you have to work with it
and fiddle with some stuff along the way.

-- Larry