Re: [Groff] Correct protocol for making changes

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Correct protocol for making changes
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 22:32:12 +0100 (CET)

> >   xxx   yyy
> >
> >   xxx     yyy
>
> Sorry, I'm not seeing a problem here. As long as both tables have
> left-aligned problems, what's the issue?

The latter version looks worse IMHO; at least there are high chances
that it doesn't reflect the author's original intentions.  Just think
of a multi-column table, each with additional whitespace -- it
probably becomes wider than the document width.  Especially with TTY
output, horizontal space is quite precious.

    Werner