Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:13:54 +0200 (CEST)

> > Frank, you still should file a bug report to the Adobe people
> > w.r.t. the incorrect binary section markers...
>
> And what exactly is the bug?

In

  %%BeginBinary: xxx
  <binary data>
  %%EndBinary

the value `xxx' should reflect the number of bytes in the binary
section.  However, in your EPS file, it's always the value 1.
Ideally, this comment should be replaced with the more generic

  %%BeginData: ...
  %%EndData

5001.DSC_spec.pdf even says that %%BeginBinary is deprecated -- and
this document is from 1992!

> I can get this fixed, since a very good friend of mine led the
> Acrobat development.

Interesting.  Hopefully, you have success!  I know some TeX people who
were unsuccessful with far more severe bug reports, and I fear that
this buglet is considered as completely unimportant.

    Werner