Re: [Groff] Request "cf"

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Request "cf"
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 08:32:33 +0100 (CET)

> In one of my early posts regarding actions a) .. e) I said that
> processing an eps image needed something "pre", then the image, then
> something "post".

I probably didn't understand the situation to comment on this then.

> You say that the solution is to use \X with hooks for before and
> after.  This is not "the" solution, this is "a" solution.  My
> suggestions (".cf-I-go-where-you-want-me-to-go or
> .trf-I-don't-cook-the-books") too could work just as well.

Given how you've written your macros, I can't see how this would work,
from a technical point of view: How would you make `.trf' or `.cf'
expand at the right time?  Maybe I was too tired or I'm still thinking
too much in TeX right now (since I'm writing two papers with it
currently)...  You say that you've found a solution using `.trf' --
please post it here.

> >> After a lot of cutting it is now under 100k, I hope it will get
> >> through.
>
> Just curiosity. At nabble the three pdf attachments are of sizes 49,
> 14, 48k whilst at my end they are 40, 12, and 36.
>
> That's under 100 in toto here and over 100 there.

Hmm, no idea.  However, I think the limit is somewhere around
40kByte...

    Werner