Re: [Groff] groff -mom .CLOSING

From: Jan-Herbert Damm
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff -mom .CLOSING
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 11:14:13 +0200

Hello,

Peter Schaffter wrote on 03.07.09:
> On Fri, Jul 03, 2009, Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:

> > Using mom makropackage for writing letters i find the way the "closing" is
> > placed (pretty far to the right on the line) unsuitable. In german letters
> > it
> > is usually flush left.
>
> The offending lines, in the macro ALL_DONE, are
>
>   .TAB_SET 1 \\n[#DOC_L_LENGTH]u/2u \\n[#DOC_L_LENGTH]u/2u LEFT
>
>       and, 2 lines later
>
>   .TAB 1
>
> Comment them out or remove them, and the closing will be printed flush left.

Thank you, Peter, it got it.
Strange to me is that in my letters i forgot to use the .ALL_DONE macro and
still it somehow seems to have been executed.

Also strange was that by commenting out the offending lines mom-style (\#) i
got a "stack underflow" message after processing the text at first. Then i
commented out with ".ig" and ".." which led to ignoring the input lines after
.COSING. After further experiments i changed again to \# comments which
works but i may not leave out the .ALL_DONE macro with impunity anymore.
(all of this refers to the uncommented om.tmac file that came with
groff-1.20.1)

Sometimes computers are very puzzling...

but, hey, it is working now!

thanks again

jan