Re: [Groff] Graph in a man page

From: Andre Majorel
Subject: Re: [Groff] Graph in a man page
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:13:22 +0200

On 2010-08-20 13:55 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> >> Simply that it must work with any nroff & troff, not just Groff.
>
> Then pic is not a general solution since, AFAIK, only groff pic
> produces TTY output.

OK, so pic is out (and so is tbl unless I kludge the arrows in).
For the moment, I'm following the path of least resistance :

.cs R 24
.cs B 24
.nf
[ASCII art interspersed with \fB\fP]
.fi
.cs R
.cs B

This gives excellent results in nroff. The troff output is good
(and my plate is full) enough not to bother with an alternative
pic version. But thank you Ted, the help is appreciated.