Re: [Groff] Where do we go from here?

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: [Groff] Where do we go from here?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:58:34 -0600

I'd like to add to the chorus of thanks to Werner for all he has done
for groff during his lengthy tenure.

In addition to his excellent list of the most high-priority tasks for
groff, I would like to suggest a precursor to all of those: having
groff use a modern bug-tracking application.  The two groff email lists
(this and bug-groff) are not a convenient way to keep track of, rate the
severity of, and prioritize work that needs to be done.  Issues that
come up during discussion, such as the one Tadziu mentioned earlier
today about groff's less than optimal handling of stretchable spaces,
are certainly not high priority to be fixed, but are liable to be lost
unless there is a central database where they can be tracked.