Re: [Groff] character u21D5 is not available in groff

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] character u21D5 is not available in groff
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 22:09:24 +0100 (BST)

"Approximate" in a somewhat ugly sense! To do it properly you
need to play with vertical positions (and possibly slightly
with horizontal positions).

I attach an example file in PS and PDF versions:
  PS: temp01.ps
 PDF: temp01.pdf

which illustrate how to try to do it properly.
Note the definition

.char \[udA] \Z'\[uA]'\v'0.250m'\h'-0.005m'\[dA]\v'-0.250m'

where there is a small horizontal motion to the left. This seems
to be because the PS file, viewed with ghostview, uses my local
ghostscript fonts, in which the overprinted arrows are slightly
out of vertical alignment if this motion is not there. So with
this definition the PS output looks perfect. But, when converted
to PDF (using ps2pdf) they look vertically misaligned when viewed
using Acrobrat Reader (presumably because the ghostscript and the
Adobe fonts differ subtly).

Which is why I attach both PS and PDF versions!

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>