Re: [Groff] underlining

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] underlining
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:11:06 +0100

Hi Peter,

> I still think an underlining request should be considered for groff,

Agreed, but it should offer strike-through too.  And both u̲n̲d̲e̲r̲l̲i̲n̲e̲ and
s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶-t̵h̵r̵o̵u̵g̵h̵ should allow double variations, and probably triple;
double-underline is used to indicate small caps as single is for italic,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underline#Manuscripts

> but perhaps a compromise would be to add Werner's macro to the tmac
> directory.  It's in the archives (Dec. 18, 2003).

Thanks, that's
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2003-12/msg00079.html

Cheers, Ralph.