Re: [Groff] recent changes not in ChangeLog

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] recent changes not in ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 12:01:16 +0000

Hi Werner,

> Finally, I'm not sure that a copyright line like
>
>   Copyright \[co] 1989\[en]2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> in a source code file is legal.

I think it's wrong if it's about the source file, but it's OK if it's
about the output generated from the source file.
https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
touches on this with its discussion of --version output.

It also mentions that the copyright symbol isn't needed, so that's
probably simplest.  And that if a range of years is used, rather than
listing each, then its meaning needs to be in README.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy