Re: [groff] [UTROFF] conclusion

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [groff] [UTROFF] conclusion
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 21:26:34 +0100

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 17:54:02 +0100
Pierre-Jean <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mom is a macro set, while Troff/Heirloom is the interpreter of the
> macro set, so, we can't compare things like this.

I stand corrected for not being explicit enough.

> A proper comparision would be between Groff, Heirloom Troff, and
> Neatroff on one side, and Mom, Utmac, ms, me, on the other side.

Well, I meant that.

> 2) With some hacks if not out of the box, Mom probably works well
> enough on Neatroff to take advantage of its features.

Hmm, that's new thing for since I though Mom could work only with Groff
since e.g. having paragrpah-based aligning instead of line one etc.
would be terrific to have along with Mom macros.

> All those things considered the couple groff/mom is a very solid
> choice.

OK. Thanks a lot for elaborate answer.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even a man of knowledge acts according to his own nature, for
everyone follows the nature he has acquired from the three modes.

--
One must deliver himself with the help of his mind, and not
degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul,