[groff] hyphenation issues

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [groff] hyphenation issues
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 20:50:48 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

I've just fixed some hyphenation issues.

o The `.hy' request should now work as documented (again).
  Additionally, I've added values 16 and 32 to hyphenate before the
  last and after the first character, respectively.  There exist
  languages (most notably Greek) that indeed allow (and use) such
  hyphenation points.

o I've also updated all default values for `.hy' in all macro packages
  to make them less strict, following the values as set up during the
  generation of the US English hyphenation patterns (TeX values
  \lefthyphenmin=2, \righthyphenmin=3; this corresponds to `.hy'
  value 4).

  The only macro package I haven't touched is `mom', since this bundle
  has a dedicated maintainer :-) Peter, please have a look and adjust
  it accordingly!

Please test.

    Werner

PS: Issue #53196 isn't fixed yet.