grt-talk

[grt-talk] GRT in the year 2004 (space and beyond!)

From: Jason Dagit
Subject: [grt-talk] GRT in the year 2004 (space and beyond!)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 02:39:42 -0700

Hello?  Is this thing on?

No one's used this channel in so long I had to check :)

I'm unemployed at the moment so I'm going to have plenty of time to
spend hacking away.  I thought I'd try to revive GRT.

Nikodemus gave me a copy of his unfinished 'move to shaders' code.  I
now have it compiling on sbcl, which is great news.  It's broken
though, I'll have to write some examples, and finish learning about
shaders.

I can check it into CVS as a different branch, but I wanted to make
sure everyone is okay with that?  Maybe grt-shaders or something?
Suggestions?

Nikodemus w.r.t our conversation in #lisp the other day.  I know
optimization is very important, but I'm going to put it on the back
burner for a while and just get some working code out.  We can think
about optimizations later.

BTW, I'm going home to visit family for the next 3 days, so I'll most
likely be out of touch for a bit.

Even if you don't have anything to add, please respond (even with a
blank email) if you are still interested in this project.

Nikodemus, this might be a good time to mention license issues.

Thanks,
Jason