grub-devel

normal vs. rescue mode commands

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: normal vs. rescue mode commands
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:43:03 +0200

> - Making loaders work in normal mode.
>
> Currently loaders only work in rescue mode.  The main thing that needs to be
> done
> is that the loaders will be registered with normal mode as well.  If you want
> do that all loaders need to register itself with normal mode and normal mode
> should scan for not yet registered normal mode modules (I think...).  As you
> might notice, I am not sure about how it needs to be done.  Hopefully Okuji
> has some ideas.

And what about enabling rescue mode commands in normal mode? (Of course
the command 'normal' should be hidden). I cannot imagine rescue command
that should be not accessible from normal mode. Now there are two
IDENTICAL functions for commands like 'unset'. (they differ only by
prototype).

If it is not good idea, what about command 'rescuecmd' which will
execute one command of rescue mode?
--
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik