grub-devel

Re: diskette boot loader

From: Serbinenko Vladimir
Subject: Re: diskette boot loader
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:49:38 +0100

Krzysztof Kujawski wrote:

In short words, can you give me a recipe for boot diskiette to boot linux and as chainloader 2 Windowses.

I have on my hard disk 2 Windowses and Linux fedora core. I have reinstall Windows and MBR generated by FC was deleted. Now I can't boot linux - reinstalling FC is not solution - I obtain info 'boot loader configuration will not be changed'.
Chris

take a floppy from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/<grub version and name>.ext2fs boot it
then
find /boot/grub/menu.lst
or
find /grub/menu.lst
one of theese commands will give you GRUB partition
then
root <GRUB partition>
setup (hd0)
Theese commands will restore your GRUB
How to add different chainloaders under linux do >info grub

P.S. This is *GRUB 2 developpement* list. For the questions like yours there are an irc chanel