grub-devel

Some questions towards the boo tsequence

From: Matthias-Christian Ott
Subject: Some questions towards the boo tsequence
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:06:52 +0200

Hi!
I'm currently developing a small OS. But I have some questions towards the boot sequence: Grub (0.9.6) is installed in the MBR of the Harddisk (512 Byte - Stage 1) than grub loads Stage 2 which is located at a fixed address (specified in stage1.h), but who is this location linked an inode and marked as used (e.g. in the ext bitmap)? And doesn't it conflict with the file system? And how can I instruct grub to load a file from a not specified location which is maybe splited without updating it every time the location changes? Maybe there are some documents which include the answers to my questions and dome additional information.

Thanks
Matthias-Christian Ott