grub-devel

Re: PPC executable name

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: PPC executable name
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 20:03:57 +0200

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to rename the PPC executable from "grubof" to "grub". If
> nothing else, it will avoid the question "is it grubof.cfg or
> grub.cfg?". Thoughts?

What I would prefer is _grub or so.  To make clear it is not usable
just like this.  We don't want people loading this file directly.
Adding a "_" might make it clear this is a file that is weird in a way
and users should not use it directly.  The name `grubof' is not *that*
bad either.  People do not use it directly, right?

For any arch the config file should be called grub.cfg, IMO.

Thanks,
Marco