grub-devel

Video subsystem draft

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Video subsystem draft
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:24:25 +0300

Hi,

I made a draft how video subsystem could work. It doesn't currently
contain information about internals, but is more concentrated on usage
of the API.

In order to make GRUB 2's video subsystem more flexible, there is a need
to modify font manager in order to support more variety of different
character types. I already tested it with one idea and it seems to work
nicely, but in order to support more character types I think someone
else have to give some comments about how glyph's should be defined.

Anyway, here is first draft and I would like to get some comments about it:

http://jumi.lut.fi/~vjaaskel/grub2/

btw. There will be some network reconfigurations in beginning of next
week, so that site could be unavailable for some time.

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen