grub-devel

Re: Video subsystem draft

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Video subsystem draft
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 03:48:57 +0200

Vincent Pelletier wrote:
> By the way, I think we should start a discussion on the API common to
> all architectures for framebuffer handling.

Currently there is a terminal implementation that uses video subsystem
to render screen. So basicly in every arch there must be a video driver
if you want graphical console.

You can see my current idea how to use video driver in grub wiki:
http://grub.enbug.org/VideoSubsystem

Actual implementation is currently in a bit flux, so I don't want people
to start coding until all really needed features work correctly with one
driver so others can use it as a reference when developing other video
drivers.

If you want to look at you can see current implementation in URL that I
posted day or two ago to list.