grub-devel

Re: search command and usb boot

From: Adrián
Subject: Re: search command and usb boot
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:10:20 +0200 (CEST)

>> Once I have this variable I will be able to install grub2 'stage1' into
>> the mbr.
>
>You can't install GRUB 2 from GRUB 2, only by using grub-setup and
>grub-install.

Currently in SGD I run the following thing:

findf /boot/grub/stage1
This command:
It saves the partition where the file is found into: $(out_device)
It saves the hard disk where the file is found into: $(hd)

then i do:
root $(out_device)
setup ($(hd))

and Grub legacy is reinstalled to the mbr.

That does not mean that files are copied... only stage1 from the hard disk
is installed to the mbr and it is modified so that it calles stage1_5 if
available, else it calles stage2 directly.
In my process I suppose that stage1 and stage1_5,stage2 files are
available at the hard disks.

IS THERE NOT ANYTHING EQUIVALENT ON grub2 (talking about grub legacy root
and setup commands )?

adrian15