grub-devel

Re: Old grubs taste good

From: Adrián
Subject: Re: Old grubs taste good
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:35:26 +0100 (CET)

> Hello ;-)
>
> Could someone suggest a link to a grub floppy image that uses
> a version of grub which definitely handles wildcards please?
>
> I'm trying to make a dire-straits grub utility floppy for beginners
> but have problems compiling <0.96 on my amd64 box. I could try
> on a friend's P4 but would really prefer a generic i486 binary
> that still works with newer harware.
>
> TIA

dire-straits grub utility floppy for beginners

It is a good definition for my project: Super Grub Disk.

If you want you can come and join us in its development.

My mail is adrian15 THEROUNDTHING raulete DOT net and you can find
Super Grub Disk at: http://supergrub.forjamari.linex.org .

One of the points of the to-do is handling autocompletion when finding
files... and showing the results on a menu. Not a wildcard but very
similar you know... kernel* and initrd* will work ok.

I encourage you to test the last Super Grub Disk test version and Linux ->
Boot Linux to see what you can do with SGD right now.

adrian15