grub-devel

Re: Feature Request: menu.lst should be split into smaller conf files fo

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Feature Request: menu.lst should be split into smaller conf files for the convenience and safety of distro-specific kernel package maintainers
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:21:18 +0200

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 03:39:07PM -0700, Dustin Harriman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Ubuntu Linux 6.10, which comes with grub.

Please note that this list is targetted at development of GRUB 2, not GRUB
Legacy.  If you really want to discuss about the old GRUB Legacy implementation,
bug-grub is the list you need.

OTOH, note that grub.cfg (equivalent of menu.lst) handling in GRUB 2 is
dramaticaly improved in comparison with the update-grub script that Debian
provides for GRUB Legacy.  You should really check the latest developments
and propose improvements there if you find something suitable to improve.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.