grub-devel

Re: installing on x86_64

From: Jerone Young
Subject: Re: installing on x86_64
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 19:44:09 -0500

Really..exactly waht distro and gcc version are you using. There is
still lack for _start with compiling 32-bit binaries using gcc x86-64.
I'm currently been testing on Fedora Core 7 beta and I see the problem
consistently (though I do need to update it some). Others have
reported the problem in the past also. What I do need to know is how
you are successfully compiling it . Is your gcc version less then 4.x
?

On 5/26/07, Jeroen Dekkers <address@hidden> wrote:
At Sat, 26 May 2007 18:14:23 -0500,
Jerone Young wrote:

> Are you sure you did this on an x86-64 install. Current CVS still
> suffers from the not being able to properly compile on x86-64 systems.

It compiles fine here... are you sure your compiler can generate
32-bit code?

Jeroen Dekkers