grub-devel

Re: incoming font engine update

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: incoming font engine update
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 01:27:43 +0200

Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:
> Couple of days went and now patch finally went in. I have updated
> gfxterm part of the wiki to match new font enngine:

I also moved common video subsystem code to common.rmk so that other
architectures builds nicely too :)

This does not however mean that all architectures features a graphical
terminal. This is far from true. Only vbe.mod is there and it is used on
x86-bios platform.

So if you want that your platform supports graphical terminal I welcome
you to develop a video driver to support it. In future this same
interface will be used for graphical menu so that part is kinda kept
architecture independent.

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen