grub-devel

Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:51:58 -0400

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 17:42 +0200, Javier Martín wrote:

> OK, I have a good feeling about this version of the patch. Most
> importantly, it still works!!

I have committed your patch after a cleanup.  My changes were following:

grub_drivemap_int13_handler_base and grub_drivemap_int13_handler have
been merged.

grub_drivemap_int13_oldhandler points directly to the ljmp argument
(other GRUB sources do it too, jump look for 0xea).

%si is not used anymore.

Tabs are used consistently in drivemap_int13h.S

Many variables have been renamed.

Constants have been brought to the top level and marked as such.

Logic in uninstall_int13_handler() has been fixed.

Some messages have been clarified.  In particularly, biosdisk is called
osdisk now, as it's what the OS sees.  I was thinking of "payload" or
"loadee" as more generic terms, but it can be confusing to the users.

My check for drivemap with no arguments was wrong, fixed now.

Added missing line ends in all outputs.

Removed INT13H_REBASE and INT13H_TONEWADDR, as they were used only once.

Comments have been improved.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin