grub-devel

Re: how to boot Xen Dom0 in Grub2 SVN trunk

From: uzer cheg
Subject: Re: how to boot Xen Dom0 in Grub2 SVN trunk
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:44:55 +0300

Thank you for quick response, Vladimir.

I just applied patch to grub2-r2322 and trying to build new grub2 image.

It compiles fine on i386 platformbut ./configure script on amd64
platform and MacOS X gets error message.
Here is a part of terminal screen from MacOS X:
====
checking for nm... nm
checking whether optimization for size works... yes
checking whether -falign-loops works... yes
checking whether our target compiler is apple cc... yes
checking for objconv... objconv
-nostdlib -static -Wl,-preload -Wl,-segalign,20 -Wl,-image_base,
checking for command to convert module to ELF format...
checking whether `gcc' generates calls to `__enable_execute_stack()'... no
checking whether `gcc' accepts `-fstack-protector'... yes
checking whether `gcc' accepts `-mstack-arg-probe'... yes
checking whether target compiler is working... no
configure: error: cannot compile for the target
====

Anyway I'm installing now 32bit linux and will report you results soon.

Vladimir, I case of successful Xen Dom0 boot I intend to repeat my
Xserve Xen Dom0 tests.
I tried two weeks ago to boot Xen Unstable Dom0 on EFI Xserve using
one of the multiboot patches from May 3rd posted here.

Is the any fresh patches that I  might to try?

Thank you in advance.