grub-devel

Re: at_keyboard flush on i386-qemu

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: at_keyboard flush on i386-qemu
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:01:49 -0400

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:02:55AM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

I would just read and discard the keyboard data from the port at startup
without embedding at_keyboard.

Seems fine.

> I don't like that we have a race here.  Suggestions welcome on how to
> improve that, but TTBOMK if there's more than one event you can't tell
> when you're processing the last one.

I think there is at most one event.

Actually, you need two events for a single key press (MAKE + BREAK), and
I've seen it print two keys sometimes.

OK, let's read e.g. 8 events to be safe.

And I suspect it's due to a qemu
bug.

Well, other firmwares (coreboot, bios.bin) don't have this problem.  It's
probably something that you need to do on real hardware anyway (which we
might want to support someday).

That's what coreboot is for.  Otherwise we would need to reimplement coreboot.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin