grub-devel

Re: boot.img Fix

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: boot.img Fix
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:30:01 -0400

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

I agree GRUB should be very careful not to destroy potentially valuable
data.  However, that's not to say FAT install is important.  Typically
our install doesn't collide or interfere with any filesystem, it's only
a few corner cases that do, and IMO we should try to discourage those.

But of course, destroying someone's filesystem is not the right way to
discourage something :-)

I think installing to the first (or any) sector of a filesystem not known specifically to allow that should at least require --force.

I'm fine with supporting fat32, I just want to use the opportunity to fix some related issues.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin