grub-devel

Re: grub2 (1.97.1) on RAID0

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: grub2 (1.97.1) on RAID0
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:32:49 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 12.11.2009, 12:40 +0100 schrieb André Fettouhi:
> That sucks big time! <Sad>
>
> address@hidden skrev:
> > To bad :)
> > Its not possible to use dmraid with Grub2 yet.
> >
> > I had to switch bad to grub1 because its not possible to get it working.
> > Hopefully some developper wants to implement this :)
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Jean-Louis

If you have some /dev/mapper/nvida_ pdc_ or isw_ device you can try
attached patch.
But it's a dirty way to implement it and not really tested.
I haven't checked it with recent releases but at the time I wrote it it
worked with my nvidia dmraid device.
isw_ devices seems to have different formats only one of them is
supported.
And pdc_ worked for Pavel but for someone else on IRC it didn't.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer