grub-devel

Re: UGA FB driver (Re: [GITGRUB] FB driver for EFI)

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: UGA FB driver (Re: [GITGRUB] FB driver for EFI)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:30:40 -0800

On Nov 27, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden m> wrote:

Robert Millan wrote:
I merged this patch, with some adjustments.

GOP is intentionally left out. It depends on missing struct definitions not present in the patch, which would be easy to reconstruct based reusing
UGA ones but I don't have the hardware to test it.

I reconstructed GOP parts using qemu-tianocore-x64 as test platform.
Already merged.

 Excellent, thanks!

And in any case, our future direction are standalone, free drivers.

Agreed but till our free drivers mature (I'm really looking forward for
your lib-linux) we'll need this fallback

 +100 :)).

  --S