grub-devel

Changelog rules relaxation. My activity

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Changelog rules relaxation. My activity
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:18:43 +0100

Hello, all. I'll be intensively going through mail/bugs this weekend and
subsequent time. There is quite a lot of it. If your issue isn't
addressed by February, please send a reminder. Also a reminder for your
unanswered thread before this weekend is appreciated so I know which
threads are still active.
Also due to advance in VCS our current Changelog verbosity is way too
much and is something from another century. You still have to put a log
entry in Changelog for every commit but no need to mention all files
unless you need to add some notice (then it may be better to be a
comment in appropriate place) or if this mention is
copyright-significant (e.g. import from other project) in which case it
needs to be approved by a maintainer, mentioned in the appropriate
space, and, if technically reasonable, put it into a separate directory
under grub-core/lib.
--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko