grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Moving from Bazaar (bzr) to git

From: Geoffrey Thomas
Subject: Re: [RFC] Moving from Bazaar (bzr) to git
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:31:31 -0700

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Darik Horn wrote:

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Geoffrey Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:

* A couple of commits (like
address@hidden / b38045f in my import)
seem to have an empty author name or email, when fast-exported, but a valid
committer. So I set the author to the committer.

The latest git import helper correctly handles all of these bzr
records.  If you put this file in /usr/local/bin, then you can move
the entire GRUB history from bzr to git without any manual edits:

https://github.com/felipec/git/blob/fc/master/contrib/remote-helpers/git-remote-bzr.py

Ah, thanks. I'm using bzr-fast-export, not git-remote-bzr, but that might be worth a shot. Theoretically they should export the same tree, I guess -- it looks like they're using the same solution.

Looks like git-remote-bzr doesn't handle the .bzrignore -> .gitignore munging that I included, so we would still need to fix those up, if we wanted ignores to work right when checking out an old commit (which I think is desirable).

--
Geoffrey Thomas
address@hidden