grub-devel

Re: Drive not always detected with coreboot and GRUB 2 payload

From: Paul Menzel
Subject: Re: Drive not always detected with coreboot and GRUB 2 payload
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:01:02 +0100

Dear Vladimir,

Am Donnerstag, den 13.02.2014, 07:59 +0100 schrieb Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder'
Serbinenko:
> On 12.02.2014 23:45, Paul Menzel wrote:

> > using the Asus M2V-MX SE with coreboot and GRUB 2 as payload, sometimes
> > the attached hard drive is not detected. I was not able to figure out
> > what the reason is, I just know that I did not experience that problem
> > using SeaBIOS as a payload.
> >
> From dmesg it looks like special driver (sata_via) is used for this. No
> idea why it wasn't a problem for SeaBIOS.

of course I attached the log file, where GRUB 2 detected the drive.
Please find the coreboot log when the drive was *not* detected by GRUB 2
attached.

> > The drive is connecting using the SATA interface but the board does not
> > support AHCI.
> >
> > On the GRUB command line interface, entering `ls` the drive is not
> > shown.
> >
> > Please find the coreboot log of a boot where the drive was not detected
> > attached.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: I’ll send the `lspci` output over the weekend.