grub-devel

Environment block and LVM

From: Tuomas Räsänen
Subject: Environment block and LVM
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 08:18:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

The GRUB manual says:

> For safety reasons, this storage is only available when installed on a
> plain disk (no LVM or RAID), using a non-checksumming filesystem (no
> ZFS), and using BIOS or EFI functions (no ATA, USB or IEEE1275).

However, in our systems, load_env seems to load the environment block
from LVM without any problems. On the other hand, save_env fails.

Is load_env + LVM now supported or is there something weird going on and
it works by accident?

We are running GRUB 2.02~beta2 packaged by Debian (2.02~beta2-9 is the
complete package version number).

--
Tuomas