grub-devel

Re: Has anyone integrate openSSL into GRUB?

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Has anyone integrate openSSL into GRUB?
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:54:19 -0400

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 10:50:51PM -0700, Seth Goldberg wrote:
>   Licenses can always be modified with exceptions.  I believe he was
> mainly asking about from a technical perspective, though.

Well given grub is a gnu project, I highly doubt any exception would
be considered.  So no, licenses can not always be modified (certainly
the linux kernel license isn't going to change).  Sometimes it is worth
considering if the result would ever be useable, before even bothering
to look at the technical bits.

If there is a need for any ssl like stuff in grub I would imagine gnutls
would be the obvious thing to look at instead.

--
Len Sorensen