grub-devel

Idea for improving grub (Recognize more "same distros" without showing t

From: Kostis Leledakis
Subject: Idea for improving grub (Recognize more "same distros" without showing the same entry names)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 04:19:00 +0200

I had problem with multiple debian distros but many people has similar problems with multiple ubuntu or similar.

I decided to use my partition labels in the name of the menuentries.

The whole idea is here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/408540/237337

I added a variable :
PTLABEL="`echo $(blkid -po udev  ${DEVICE} |grep LABEL_ENC| sed 's/^.*=//')`"

that is been used in my entries.

An easy fix for the developers is to add such a variable and use it if the $OS variable
is common with a previous entry.