gta-list

Re: [gta-list] DESTDIR in libgta

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [gta-list] DESTDIR in libgta
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:48:24 +0100

Hi Volker!

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:54:33 +0100, Volker Froehlich wrote:
> I noticed DESTDIR is not used all throughout the build system.
>
> Notably install-exec-hook doesn't use it to remove the libtool
> archive.

Fixed now:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gta.git/commit/?id=d03b048efc71f8b1ba00d5a0714f2fa5ce7bc4cb

Thanks for reporting this!

> Please also preserve the timestamp of the headers when installing
> them.

The correct way to do this is to pass '-C' to the install command.
However, I found no way of telling automake to always do this, and I
have no idea why AC_PROG_INSTALL does not do it by default.

So currently you would need to use
$ configure INSTALL="install -C" ...
or
$ make install INSTALL="install -C"

Is that acceptable, or should we seek a better solution?

Regards,
Martin