gtktalog-devel

[Gtktalog-devel] Re: help with gtktalog Windows port

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: [Gtktalog-devel] Re: help with gtktalog Windows port
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 03:56:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> Hi there,
>
> perhaps you could help me with the following issue:
> I changed from MS to Linux some time ago, but my family and colleagues still
> use Windows. I like GTKtalog very much and intend to use it; however, I need
> a program which produces disk catalogs readable under MS Windows. I thought
> about porting GTKtalog to Windows. Unfortunately, I'm not capable of
> programming C, but I'm quite experienced with VisualBasic (don't laugh now!)
>
> If you could provide me with a clear description of your file format, then I
> could probably write a GTKtalog Windows clone in VB.

Read some file called README.catalog or something similar, in the docs/
directory.

> I guess it would be easier and smarter porting it by recompiling the C source
> in Windows, but I don't know how to, and anyway I couldn't bugfix it if the
> port wouldn't work in the first place. But maybe there is someone who is
> capable of doing that ?!

Some work has already be done there: some people sent me patches that are
included in
the sources. But I have no idea of how to proceed to compile GTKtalog on win32.
I will not be able to help you more than that, except maybe it you ask me
questions.

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -