how about some applications

From: Tom Lord
Subject: how about some applications
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 23:45:51 -0700 (PDT)

I think one weakness of the history of Guile and Systas Scheme
has been the lack of projects that attempt to use the implementations
as the core of applications.

About 10 years ago, some of us at the FSF discussed the idea of
rebuilding GNU Oleo from the ground up, using a Scheme interpreter.
We talked about building an Emacs-style architecture, and also using
Scheme for the GUI components.

Well, I still think this is a good idea.  Anyone else?

-t