Re: Functions from guile-gtk

From: Martin Baulig
Subject: Re: Functions from guile-gtk
Date: 07 Aug 2001 13:14:29 +0200

Daniel Skarda <address@hidden> writes:

>   before I finally leave computers (though only for one week) I would like to
> submit one more idea - to merge useful functions from guile-gtk into Guile.
> Functions that are not exactly Gtk related and would be useful for other
> programs based on libguile.

Hi,

now that glib 1.3.x is API frozen, what about using GEnum and GFlags for this,
it's exactly what you want and part of the frozen API of glib:

GLib also comes with a tool which scans a C header file for enum typedefs and
automatically creates the corresponding GEnumValue structs. An example can be
found in libgnome/libgnome/Makefile.am (see http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai to
browse GNOME CVS online).

--
Martin Baulig