Re: [comp.lang.lisp] Re: accessor name clashes when using packages

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: [comp.lang.lisp] Re: accessor name clashes when using packages
Date: 25 Aug 2001 23:43:50 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, no matter how we resolve this,

(I'd say that we don't need to do anything about it now.)

> I think we should arrange for the evaluator to make noise whenever
> one imported binding is implicitly clobbering another.

Yes, definitely.  the simplest thing would be to change
scm_module_variable and module-variable to check for duplicates and
issue an error when they find one.

Hmm, I guess it would be good to do this right away even if we are
going to do slightly differently in the future.  Let's see how many
conflicts we have already...

Objections?