Re: proposal: scm_string2str() and scm_symbol2str()

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: proposal: scm_string2str() and scm_symbol2str()
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:50:04 -0800

   From: stefan <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:44:21 +0100 (CET)

   Please tell me if I can continue to implement these function.  I can
   check it directly into CVS.

well, no one can physically stop you now.  :->

here's my meta-proposal: let's run our development a little more
carefully by first checking in proposals (in whatever level of detail is
appropriate) somewhere under subdirectroy "devel", and then pointing
people there.  this is actually easier than posting to a mailing list.

subsequent discussion may motivate changes to the proposal, but because
the changes are public and proposals nicely versioned, discussion has
less tendency to mire down or loop infinitely.  i used to suggest
newcomers to read the archives, since that's what i was doing, but
that's hugely inefficient.  we need to break this cycle of self-abuse!

thi