Re: Remove objprop.c from libguile?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Remove objprop.c from libguile?
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 00:09:46 -0800

   From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
   Date: 20 Mar 2002 23:06:56 +0100

   > Instead, we should probably deprecate (in 1.8) the whole of objprop.c
   > in its current form, and remove it in 1.10.

   Even better!

and best if some kind of statement can be recorded on when (and why)
deprecation of this is to result in removal.  version name can be used
if a version is completely specified (at its interface), a concurrent
task unlikely to be fulfilled until the moment of release (so sez hw
dudes).

it behooves us to define 1.6+ feature sets (lists of positive attributes
(rather than negative attributes like "no longer has objprop.c")), so
that when we say "1.10 for removal" it is possible to correlate further
up the chain to "make things better", e.g.:

 - make things better
   - provide unified property management        ;; also a "feature"
     - simplify API
       - add new stuff
       - remove old stuff                       ;; bye bye objprop.c

 - 1.10
   - features
     - unified property management

 - bye-bye
   - objprop.c -- 1.10

if we don't record these things more formally than m.l. traffic, some
tool will have to dig archives later, led around by a human (blech).

thi