Re: [Patch] SRFI-13 string-tokenize is wrong

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: [Patch] SRFI-13 string-tokenize is wrong
Date: 24 Apr 2002 21:58:23 +0200

Matthias Koeppe <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> the Guile implementation of SRFI-13 `string-tokenize' gets the meaning
> of the `token-set' argument wrong.

Yep, good catch.  However, your patch did not make an unspecified
token-set equivalent to char-set:graphic, but to (char-set-complement
char-set:whitespace).

Could you update your patch accordingly?

Thanks!

> I suggest fixing this bug in both the stable and the unstable branch,
> so that incorrect uses of `string-tokenize' in user code are avoided.

Yes, I have recorded this as bug 'string-tokenize-is-wrong' and tagged
it as release critical.

(I know this might be controversial.  My argument is that in the rare
case where we do have a standard to conform to, and we violate it so
spectacularly, and the fix is so easy, then it is release critical.)